1. Vans Whispering Pink Leather Slip-On Technically, these are women’s shoes, but they’re also incredibly cool. Being women’s shoes, you have to be a men’s size 10 or smaller to wear them, so I’m out of luck. But for those of you in that size range, I think that this is a really cool way to incorporate some pink into your wardrobe without being obnoxious because this shade is pretty subtle. I also just love the slip-on style of shoes, and this is a really cool twist on that design in its being leather and a unique color.
2. Adidas Tubular Primeknit This design may be a little more out of left field than some of the other options on this list, but I’m a really big fan of some of the Tubular models Adidas has been releasing lately. I’ve got a black pair of my own and not only are they super comfortable, but they look unlike anything else on the market. They have less pricier options than the primeknit version (made from neoprene I believe) including the new Radial edition which is the weirdest looking of the bunch but not without its own unique charm. I guess the Tubular is on this list for all of the people looking for something really modern and capable of making some sort of statement.
3. ASOS Driving Shoes in Tan Suede I absolutely love that drivers are back in style, and although I have a pair in black leather, I think that the lighter, suede variations of this design look amazing for spring. ASOS’ version is nice in that it’s actually affordable and doesn’t have the annoying tassels a lot of loafer-like shoes have. That may just be a personal taste thing, but I think the tassels have a little too much going on compared to simple penny loafers or drivers with simple laces. And they’re just a touch classier than tennis shoes if that’s the look you're going for.
4. Lacoste L.12.12 Premium Leather Sneakers This pair is for those of you who are really looking to invest in a solid pair of sneakers. I’ve loved Lacoste’s tennis shoes for a while now, and the latest iteration of their leather sneaker continues their devotion to simple, elegant design. You can’t really go wrong with any of the colors they offer in this sneaker either as although I swear by all-white designs, each shade looks classy in its own right. And they’re all stupid comfy. I have an older pair of this design, and they fit near perfectly. The leather ages really well too.
5. White Vans Canvas Old Skool I’ve been a supporter of all-white shoes for quite some time now, and they don’t seem like they’ll be on the decline any time soon. Vans have similarly been coming back into the forefront of style even outside of the skate scene that popularized them in the first place. Here we have a wonderful marriage of the two in canvas, a lightweight material perfect for the warm weather heading our way in the coming months. As long as you’re game for continuously stressing out over your ability to keep them nice and clean, they’re a worthy investment.